Halloween Makeup Ideas - Desi Devil Look - Red Set Tutorial for Dark Skin Tones
[Mood board images sourced via pinterest]
SOUTH ASIAN SPOOKY SLAY:
With Halloween approaching, we thought we would create the ultimate SPOOKY SLAY with our TASNEEM 2-IN-1 Red Set products, which can be applied as lipsticks, cheek tints, eyeliners & eyeshadows!
As you already know we don’t do things the vanilla way at TASNEEM Cosmetics, we had to pull up and create a SPICY little Halloween number, in the form of a Desi Devil Halloween makeup look. Whether you want to be a fierce Shakti, Durga goddess, a kick-ass Kali Demon slayer or just looking for the perfect scary makeup look to match your skin tone, we've got you covered.
This LEWK has been designed to match the perfect red lipstick for women of dark skin tones, brown skin tones, South Asian skin tones & Asian skin tones. On top of that, ALL our red lipsticks can also be applied as red eyeshadows, red cheek tints & red wing eyeliners!
Also don’t think we’ve slept on undertones! We have shades to suit yellow undertones, pink undertones, blue undertones, warm undertones & cool undertones.
Rumi: A rich burgundy shade that is designed for our mellow mysterious mavens! Cool in undertone BUT rich is pigment, this shade can be worn on fair and dark skin tones. PLUS this shade makes for the perfect coloured wing liner, lipstick, pigmented eyeshadow and cheek tint.
Wewak: Is finding a red normally a nightmare? Well our wicked Wewak is hear to banish your burden with amazing BLOOD orange pigment ideal for darker women with warm and yellow undertones.
Viola: So isn’t Halloween meant to bring a little doom and gloom, a little sorrow and sadness, perhaps a feeling of BLUE. Well then you have it in our blue undertone red shade Viola! Ideal for the COLD HEARTED BITCHES! Kidding, just the blue base babes who are looking for a red shade to suit, Viola makes for the perfect cool base lipstick, cheek tint & eyeshadow.
Okay now that we’ve talked business, let’s get to the FUN stuff how to create the DESI DEVIL Halloween look:
Step 1: Let’s start with the tricky bit, the eyes! So you’ll want to create a WICKED wing with our deep dark red shade Rumi. Glide that WITCH along the edge of your eyelid and fan out.
Step 2: Give them something to cry about with bleeding tears streaming down the face. Go in with shade Rumi and draw bloody tear drops from the inner and outer corners of the eye.
Step 3: CURSE them with your cuteness with a bloody bindi and nose bleed, using Rumi 2-IN-1.
Step 5: The kiss of DEATH can ONLY be achieved with a Wewak lip. We say go in for the KILL. Apply a hydrating protective base with the Hydrating Matte Lipstick and then seal and define the look with our Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick! For extra definition line your lips with Rumi 2-IN-1 for a darker lip line/ ombre lip.
Step 6: Finish off with some Jinn jangle and time to terrorise!
Get your own Desi Devil look with our full 2-IN-1 Red Set here. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Spending Halloween at home?
Here are our TOP 3 Halloween ideas to try when getting creepy at the crib.
CREATE HALLOWEEN EYEBALL PUNCH:
- Stick 1 to 2 blueberries, depending on their size, into the cavity of each lychee. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and freeze, about 1 hour. (Wait until the "eyeballs" thaw a bit before eating, so that you don't choke on them.)
- Stir together 5 tablespoons of the lychee syrup, the blueberry juice and lime juice in a bowl or pitcher until combined. Stir in the sparkling water and add the lychee eyeballs. If it is a bit tart for your taste, add the remaining tablespoon syrup.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice, spooning the lychee eyeballs into the glasses as you pour. For a grown-up twist, stir in the gin before adding the sparkling water. Enjoy!
WHY NOT DO A SCARY MOVIE MARATHON ON HALLOWEEN:
- The Invisible Man: After staging his own suicide, a crazed scientist uses his power to become invisible to stalk and terrorise his ex-girlfriend. When the police refuse to believe her story, she decides to take matters into her own hands and fight back.
- Us: Accompanied by her husband, son and daughter, Adelaide Wilson returns to the beachfront home where she grew up as a child. Haunted by a traumatic experience from the past, Adelaide grows increasingly concerned that something bad is going to happen. Her worst fears soon become a reality when four masked strangers descend upon the house, forcing the Wilsons into a fight for survival. When the masks come off, the family is horrified to learn that each attacker takes the appearance of one of them.
- Get Out: Now that Chris (Daniel Kaluuya) and his girlfriend, Rose (Allison Williams), have reached the meet-the-parents milestone of dating, she invites him for a weekend getaway upstate with Missy and Dean. At first, Chris reads the family's overly accommodating behaviour as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter's interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries lead him to a truth that he never could have imagined.
- The Conjuring One: In 1970, paranormal investigators and demonologists Lorraine (Vera Farmiga) and Ed (Patrick Wilson) Warren are summoned to the home of Carolyn (Lili Taylor) and Roger (Ron Livingston) Perron. The Perrons and their five daughters have recently moved into a secluded farmhouse, where a supernatural presence has made itself known. Though the manifestations are relatively benign at first, events soon escalate in a horrifying fashion, especially after the Warrens discover the house's macabre history.
- Candyman: For as long as the residents can remember, the housing projects of Chicago's Cabrini Green neighbourhood were terrorised by a word-of-mouth ghost story about a supernatural killer with a hook for a hand, easily summoned by those daring to repeat his name five times into a mirror. The name... Candyman.
NO HALLOWEEN IS COMPLETE WITHOUT A GHOSTLY WHITE FACE MASK:
With all the Halloween makeup looks you'll been conjuring up, your skin will need a reVAMP! Why not try a ghostly white face mask made out of buttermilk and yoghurt. These ingredients can be found in your fridge, and will leave your face feeling oh-so-smooth and clear. Follow the step below:
- Mix 1/2 cup of buttermilk in with two tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply all over the face and neck till you are looking white all over, the mixture will dry transulcent.
- For the best results, leave the mixture on your face for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water to reveal smooth, soft and even skin tone.